YTB International Inc. (Pinksheets: YTBLA.PK - News) ("YTB" or the "Company"), a provider of e-commerce business solutions for individual consumers and home-based independent representatives in the United States, Bermuda, the Bahamas, and Canada, today is pleased to announce the Company executed an asset purchase agreement ("Agreement") with an unaffiliated third party, Sixth Scott, LLC ("Sixth Scott"). Sixth Scott, which will operate under the name First Travel Alliance, has access to a collection of companies that generate $1.2 billion in travel sales annually.But apparently the word to the masses is that they are now able to sell the IATAN cards again. This came from a Director to her downline and specifically talks about the IATAN card. I wonder if IATAN is aware of this?
According to the Agreement, Sixth Scott agrees to assume contracts, agreements and licenses previously held by the Company's subsidiary, YTB Travel Network of Illinois, Inc. Sixth Scott will independently manage all travel content and provide the customer support function as well as handle all group travel booking.
President of YTB Travel Network, Inc., J. Kim Sorensen, said the deal strengthens the product mix and increases the travel commission earning potential for all site owners. "We are excited about the potential for our current and future travel members. Because the Agreement makes more travel products available at higher commission levels, I expect our home based travel agents to re-establish their market position within the industry."
A representative from Sixth Scott added, "We have been very impressed with the incredible size of the YTB member network, which can provide a distribution channel to our portfolio of travel businesses. As we continue to expand the breadth of our businesses, strategic acquisitions such as that of YTB Travel Network of Illinois will further support our objectives."
Bob Van Patten, President and CEO of YTB International, Inc., also commented, "After a thorough search, we found a strategic partner to manage the content and travel sites of our business owners. The Agreement allows YTB to focus both on marketing of the travel program opportunity, as well as YTB's new product offerings, which include Ganovia Coffee, Spider Mobile Marketing and Suklaa Personal Care Products. Giving Sixth Scott the ability to manage the content of the travel sites is a positive for YTB and site owners; both companies can focus on their individual expertise increasing the likelihood of future growth."
No one seems to know who this "Sixth Scott" is (and the "Scott" thing is not unnoticed), but we are digging in to see who is behind it and the "access" to $1.2 billion dollar sales companies.Everything you love about YTB Travel Network is about to become so much more! Now, you'll have access to an entirely new level of business with a travel company led by industry veterans - First Travel Alliance. This means more commission opportunity for you worldwide! Here's what to expect over the coming weeks!
- Everything you love about YTB is staying exactly where it is! You'll have all the commission percentage opportunities, group booking access, and a fabulous customer facing booking engine (which will be getting a new look!).
- For those of you who choose to be sellers of travel, you'll have access to even more travel vendors including all the major cruise lines, tour operators, hotels, airlines and charter organizations, best in class package deals, and even vacation home rentals! And, you’ll book these vendors through your industry-leading agent only booking system! (No more commission claim form to fill out or various usernames and passwords for vendor specific booking engines!)
- The new travel company will take training from great to extraordinary! With their specialized, in-depth training, we can show you exactly how to be successful—even if you have limited experience in the travel industry! This new training program allows you to become even more knowledgeable in cruising, hotel properties, tour companies, and even destination specialists from some of the vendors who aren’t currently available to you.
- Plus, it's more than just travel training. We'll be showing you how to market your business, when to sell what, how to use CRM and client data, as well as sales techniques to create a more profitable business!
- Being a part of the travel industry as a travel professional has its perks. And as a member of the new travel company, you'll have access to more of them! They are accredited with IATAN, and those who meet certain commission requirements may be eligible to receive an IATAN ID card. With this, access to FAM trips, inaugural cruises, and ship positioning cruises where available is all a possibility!
- We're also working on an optional A-List program for our top producing Travel Agents. The new travel company has programs that provide travel services to companies across the country. This program would give you access to process bookings generating more commission income for you! More details on this program are coming soon!This is just a peek at the amazing things coming soon to all of our RTAs and Travel Agents! Get Ready! It's a whole new world of possibility at YTB Travel Network!
If I had to venture a guess, this will ultimately be another shady deal that will implode like Rez Connect, and all the others.