We have a very important update on Group Deposit Requirements.
Don't be left behind, group cruises via Carnival must be moved to group level by October 25, 2010 if you are wanting to handle yourself, otherwise the YTB groups department will begin moving your groups on that date if they have not reached full per person deposit.
YTB has thousands of groups and want to make sure that your group doesn't cancel. Please help in getting all of these groups protected by making sure your group is moved to group level or your cabins have full per person deposit by the above date.
Too often, we are forced to close group space prematurely due to a high number of bookings that are held without the required deposits.
New system enhancements will now allow YTB to automate the enforcement of our deposit requirements. This should result in better group and stateroom availability for a longer period of time.
Starting November 1st...
- ALL group space held on a request level will automatically cancel if ALL required funds are not received by your option date. Make sure the # of cabins requested is reduced to match the monies in house. Remember that deposits made at cabin level do not count toward required deposits at group level.
- YTB will no longer allow TBA staterooms to be held with partial deposit. Partial deposits made prior to 2nd option date will have to be applied at group level.
- Any existing TBA staterooms with partial deposit will cancel on Nov 1st unless you:
PLEASE USE THE ATTACHED GROUP IBR TRANSFER FORM. IF YOU FILL OUT THIS FORM, YTB WILL HANDLE THE MOVING OF MONIES FOR YOU. FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING THE MOVING OF MONIES FROM IBRs TO GROUP LEVEL, PLEASE CALL THE IBR HOTLINE AT (866) 400-9386 or (800) 327-5782
- Collect the remaining portion of full deposit and send in by Oct 31st.
- CALL THE GROUP DEPT to move the partial deposit to GROUP LEVEL by Oct 31st.Example: If you are holding 8 cabins and 2 cabins are berthed prior to 1st deposit ($250/person), we still require an additional $25/person for the remaining 6 cabins at GROUP LEVEL. Otherwise ALL 6 cabins at group level will be cancelled on your first option date.
****Please remember to send copies to your in house agent if your group is listed on the website.
Notifications will be sent 2 weeks prior to 1st and 2nd deposit if you are still short on your required deposits. Please make sure you have your correct email address on file with the Home Office.
Remember that you can now request option extensions on line to avoid automatic cancellations. Requests will be granted based on demand for the sailing.
It is imperative that your group leaders create a sense of urgency in their marketing campaigns with phrases like the ones below. We would encourage you to try to collect full deposits in the future reminding your clients that they have more dining/stateroom choices when they do so.
More information is available (including an FAQ) in the attached Group Deposit Policy.
- Book now to Guarantee these Rates
- Limited Space at these Rates
- Special Group Rates Available for Limited Time Only
- Book Early and Save More* (Refers to Early Saver/*Restrictions apply)
Doug & Ronda Bauknight
Travel Agents / Network Marketers
YTB Travel Network
Oct 25, 2010
Thanks For the Notice
Wow, I am sure everyone will be up to speed on this with one day notice! This was sent out by TravelPro on October 24th!
Posted by John at 4:49 AM