But if you look at the CLIA registration for YTB (which is a huge cash cow for CLIA--do the math) you will see that just over 1% of the 50,000 have chosen to enroll in the CLIA program which is the gateway to the perks promoted in recruiting meetings. Even more discouraging is that there are only 11 MCC credentialed agents, 28 ACC credentialed agents, and 515 (if my count was correct) agents currently enrolled and working toward the ACC status.
But what is curiouser and curiouser ( to steal a line from Alice In Wonderland) are the names that are no included on the list. There is not a mention of:
- An award winning travel agent (Candy May)
- A self proclaimed TravelPro and Cruise Expert (Doug Bauknight)
- One of the most influential men in travel (Kim Sorensen)
- YTB's VP of Vendors (Shelly Sorensen-Coppersmith)
- YTB's Travel Training Director (Jeannie Sharpless)